Oriental Lily and Wellies
Oriental Lily and Wellies
Hello again and welcome. I am trying my hand again at paper gardening! Susan’s Garden Club over at Spellbinders is unbelievable! You just cant imagine how real these flowers actually look. I am surprising myself, I love them! I made a card using the Oriental Lily and Wellies and it was not terribly difficult. There is always help over on Susan Tiereny-Cockburns You Tube Channel. I followed her instructions and this is what I created. I of course selected my own papers and colours, but for me that is fun. This card was made with my friend in mind, she is a very special lady who always reminds me of the important things in life. Her writing is chicken soup for my soul and thus this bouquet will be sent on its merry way to her were she may enjoy it with her other beautiful flowers, which I am sure by some magical powers she has, are dried and pressed by now. Thank you Barb.
Lets Make the Card
- My card is an A2 sized card I used one of the card bases that come with the monthly kits. I die cut the Circular Stich Background out of grey cardstock for my panel. I glued it to my base. I must add that this die can be stitched hence the name or simply left as I did, either or it is stunning!
- I die cut the wellies twice using yellow card stock and pattern paper from my stash. I trimmed the pattern paper along the seams and matched them up to my wellies giving a little designer interest, not just plain yellow! I then made it appear as if the wellies had been well loved by adding ink to make them look dirty.
- I glued the wellies to my panel
- Time to make Oriental Lilies. I used orange and white card stock. I die cut all the pieces.
- I used Susan’s Garden Ultimate Tool Kit. These tools really help to shape the leaves and petals.
- I coloured my leaves and petals with Copic markers very basic colouring. I then shaped the petals and leaves and glued them together.
- I put glue on the end of the stamen and dipped it in Distress Glaze Rusty Hinge. I then glued it to the middle of my flowers.
- I arranged and adhered all my flowers to the top of the Wellies.
- For the sentiment I die die a thank you from an older large die of the month club kit and backed it with pattern paper. I used white twine to top it with a bow.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by . I always hope you find inspiration and perhaps try your hand at paper gardening, Spellbinders has so many different flowers to choose from, and there is a sale on now! I do use affiliate links where possible at no cost to you! Have a beautiful day!