Hello friends. I am super excited to be a Spellbinders Influencer! I love all that is Spellbinders and Susan’s Garden Club is absolutely stunning! All the flowers, they are so realistic! Susan calls it paper gardening and that is just what we will be doing today. Oh how I love flowers and beautiful gardens! I followed her tutorial up on You Tube and had no problems at all. Hope you can read along because I can’t wait to share how I made this vintage antique vase, cracks and all!
Let’s Make The Card
This card is a standard A2 sized card measuring 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches. I used the Daffodil/ Narcissus and Antique Vase with Honey Bee from Garden Clubby Susan Tiereny- Cockburn My base is a pattern paper from the Paige Evans Wonders 6×8 Paper Pad Collection. I trimmed it to fit my A2 Card base, which is a 110lb paper, I adhered it to the base using glue. For the vase I really wanted an antique look, I absolutely love antique and vintage items. So I began by die cutting my vase twice. Once from another pattern paper from Paige Evans, and one from heavy white cardstock. I glued the two together making my vase very sturdy. I then applied a layer of Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Texture Paste and dried it with my heat tool, I’m not sure you are suppose to do this but it worked amazing for me. I got all those tiny crackles. I then lightly applied some Speckled egg and Antique Linen Distress Ink and I was super exited with the outcome. I glued my vase to the panel off setting it slightly.
The flowers were fun. I used a heavier card stock and it was fine. I followed along with the instructions Of Susan on You Tube and this is my suggestion for you . It is easier to see it, then once you get the hang of it, you keep repeating the same steps over again. The dies themselves have the number marked right on it, so you know how many time you need to cut them. I can tell you that I used Susan’s Ultimate Garden Tool Kit the kit, it was very helpful. The Copic colours I used were Y18, Y06, YR16 R27 and G94 and a little green Pan Pastel. I wanted a real look for the pollen so I searched around and settled on Distress Embossing Glaze, Antique linen. I added A little glue to the stamen and dipped it in! So easy and so realistic!
I added the bee once again following Susan’s instruction’s. I die cut him Twice once from card stock and the other from acetate I coloured the body of the card stock then cut off the wings and glued the body to the acetate, I made sure to fold the wings up and add some pollen to him. Then I glued the bee to my project. This really brings another realistic element to the card. I finished by using a sentiment sticker from the Together is Better Card Kit of The Month, I also just had to add a dainty blue ribbon.
Thank you for stopping by I really hope you found some inspiration to try paper gardening. This is my first time and I’m hooked! These cards truly are beautiful! I have listed affiliated links were applicable at no cost to you. Thank you again and have a lovely and brilliant day!